Tulsi/Holy Basil (Organic)
- This Tulsi tea tastes absolutely delicious! The Tulsi is quite fresh, filled with lots of aroma and it's taste is big with hints of chocolate -- something you'll enjoy drinking all day long. If you are seeking an amazing caffeine free alternative to drinking coffee, try a cup of Tulsi.
- How to make a cup of Tulsi Tea
Use a Your Favorite Cup and a Tea Strainer
I recommend adding a large pinch of Tulsi to your strainer. Let it steep in very hot water for anywhere from 3 to 20 minutes. The longer the steeping time allows for more of the medicinal qualities of the Tulsi is released into the water.
- Tulsi has been cultivated for over 4,000 years. The health benefits of drinking Tulsi Tea have long been appreciated in the Indian sub-continent. Tulsi's ability to heal both mind and body have made this herb a central component of Ayurvedic medicine. The considerable benefits of Tulsi, also known as Holy Basil, have been gaining much recognition in the West as well.
Tulsi is used in Ayurvedic medicine for:
* It helps the body to resist stress.
* Is a natural sleep aid.
* It boosts the immune system.
* Is packed with free radical fighting anti-oxidants.
* Helps to maintain healthy eye-sight.
* Assists in maintaining a healthy metabolism.
* Offers improved joint support.
* Possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
* It improves levels of stamina.
* Regular drinkers have a lower than average incidence of gum disease.
Others You May Also Like To Try